Lets go over it all again.
“The Donald” questions how President Obama ever got into Columbia or Harvard in the first place, citing unnamed sources (because “The Donald” doesn’t support claims you know, he just “hears things“).
So lets analyze this.
– “The dean looked over Barack’s transcript and college boards and then suggested in a kindly way that he apply to some less competitive colleges in addition to Columbia.”
– “There were no class rankings at his high school, but Barack never made honor roll even one term, unlike 110 boys in his class.”
– “His SAT scores were 566 for the verbal part and 640 for math. Those were far below the median scores for students admitted to his class at Columbia: 668 verbal and 718 math.”
– “At Columbia, Barack Obama distinguished himself primarily as a hard partier, and he managed to be detained by police twice during his university years: once for stealing a Christmas wreath as a fraternity prank and once for trying to tear down the goalposts during a football game at Princeton.”
– “Obama’s transcript at Columbia shows that he was a solid C student. Although a history major, he sampled widely in the social sciences and did poorly in political science and economics while achieving some of his best grades (the equivalent of a B+) in philosophy and anthropology. The transcript indicates that in Obama’s freshman year, the only year for which rankings were available, he was in the twenty-first percentile of his class—meaning that four-fifths of the students were above him.
Yet at the same time that he was earning C-minuses at Columbia, Obama displayed a formidable intelligence in another way. At his induction into the Delta Kappa Epsilon (DKE) fraternity, he and others were asked to name all fifty-four pledges in the room. Most were were able to name only five or six. When it was Obama’s turn, he named every single one. Later he rose to become president of DKE, and he was also tapped into Skull and Bones, an elite secret society to which his father had also belonged.”
And then he somehow got into Harvard for graduate school.
I made a HUGE mistake.
Please replace the reference to “high school” with “Andover.”
Please replace “Columbia” with “Yale.”
Please replace “Barack Obama” with “George W. Bush.”
Now we got it right.
I have kept relatively quiet after Donald Trump first tossed around the idea of running for president next year. The initial idea was ludicrous. After a barrage of media opportunities, Trump proved to the American people that he and his ideas were off base.
However, the man with the shitty comb-over has pissed me off.
Trump’s latest attack is against President Obama’s ability to get into TWO Ivy League universities after being (what Trump describes as) a “terrible student.”
Where did he hear that? Won’t say. Who told him? Won’t say. What does the fact that his rich friends’ sons can’t get into Harvard have to do with it? Uh, nothing.
Donald has not provided a stitch of information to prove this claim. Again, he provides more baseless arguments against the president by questioning his basic legitimacy at every turn.
My favorite part of “The Donald”‘s interview on the matter was where he referred to himself as “a really smart guy”.
It’s a good rule of thumb that if somebody has to inform you that he’s smart, he probably isn’t. So here’s cartoon character Donald Trump in one of the many occasions on which he’s felt the need to discuss his brilliance I guess.
Let me say this.
Without mentioning the president’s ethnicity, Donald would also NEVER question the legitimacy or basic educational achievements of a Republican candidate or president.
He never asked to see President Bush’s transcripts or argued why he got into Yale as a legacy student. He hasn’t drilled into any of the Republican frontrunners and asked to see their 3rd grade spelling bee results, first diapers, or their umbilical cords.
President Obama transferred to Columbia University in 1981 after completing two years at Occidental College. He was later admitted to Harvard Law School where he graduated magna cum laude in 1991 and was president of the Harvard Law Review. These are no small educational feats.
Watch him at a press conference. He is agile, remarkably well-informed, logical and eloquent. Reasonable minds may not differ: Regardless of politics, the President is, as my friend Karen might say, wicked smart.
Barack Obama didn’t go to the grocery store one day and happen to find Ivy League degrees on sale two-for-one!
Myths about Obama’s intelligence fly in the face of available evidence, but are believed anyway by people for whom policy disagreements just aren’t enough.
They have to believe something else — something demonstrably untrue about the President: He could only have gotten here because he’s black. And right now, nobody’s doing more to appeal to that demographic than self-promoting orange clown Donald Trump.
Has Trump questioned the academic integrity of Columbia or Harvard as institutions?
He wouldn’t dream of attacking their legitimacy because it’s the same class of school his children Don Jr. and Ivanka attended. Both are graduates of the University of Pennsylvania.
Donald Trump needs to wake up and face reality. Sad attempts at devaluing the core upbringing of the president are only making Trump look worse. He needs to have a damn seat immediately, but he won’t.
His ego is far too large for that to ever happen.
So any of you out there adding fuel to this fire, by either supporting the idea of this douchebag as a viable candidate or merely watching his shit burger of a reality show need to just stop right now.
Stop right the fuck now.
Donald, don’t you have more important things to do? Like file for bankruptcy for a fifth time?